Duwap Kaine is an American songwriter and rapper who was born Donald George Ruffin. The Georgia-based music star came to the limelight in the later part of the 2010s with the release of his 2018 album, Underdog. That said, he has been in the American music scene since 2011 when he was only 9 years old.
Profile of Duwap Kaine
- Birth name: Donald George Ruffin
- Date of birth: February 21, 2002
- Age: 20
- Place of Birth: Savannah, Georgia, U.S.
- Career: Singer, songwriter, rapper
- Genres: Hip hop, trap, pop, R&B
- Years active: 2011-present
- Labels: Create Music Group
Biography of Duwap Kaine
As indicated, the rapper was born Donald George Ruffin on February 21, 2022 in Savannah, Georgia. Although he has kept all about his private life away from the public domain, his musical sense has made him a force to reckon with, at least on social media since he was a child.
Growing up around music and listening to the likes of Chief Keef, he has always had a strong interest in music in general and rap in particular. It was thanks to this that he got involved at the age of 9 with the release of his first known single, “Elmo Freestyle.” Needless to add, there are reports that indicated he began rapping since he was only 6.
While he recorded some success with “Elmo Freestyle, it was A Stove Is a Stove, another song he released on SoundCloud that gave him over a million plays. He would go on to release more songs on the music streaming app including Santa which gained so much success.
Even with that, he did not release his first studio album until 2018 when he released Underdog which propelled him to relative fame thanks to its success. Before then, however, he had had some projects to his name including when Citgo Stories in 2016, followed by Forever Kaine in 2017. This was followed by several singles and then in 2020, he released his second studio album, Bad Kid From the 4.
Also referred to as DolphinGod, the rapper has he now has several albums, mixtapes, and some singles, even though he is still yet to break into the mainstream
- He revealed that he grew up with old school music including Houston, but he has since moved to the new school music. Initially, his mum hated his music and lyrics but she came about to love his arts.
- Duwap has been describe as the best rapper who is ignored by various algorithms. This is as seen though his music is appreciated by many, he is hardly found on major search engines as well as platforms like YouTube.
- He has dropped out of school many years ago after he was kicked out and then he went to a private school where he dropped out because he felt school was not for him. However, in 2020, he revealed that he enrolled in an online school.
- Lil Candypaint and Duwap Kaine are close friends and have been living together for a long time. After Candypaint came to Atlanta, he moved in with DJ Quincy before he later joined Duwap.
- The rapper has his own music label. Duwap Kaine has a music label, Kaine Records under which he released his initial songs. He continued to release more songs until he later joined Create Music Group.
- Even though he has come a long way in his career and has been recognized as an ogee who is both great and consistent, that does not translate to the numbers for him as his current net worth may be more than $2 million.
He makes money from his music as well as from his clothing line which is known as Duwap Kaine Clothing. He also has some merch which he sells online.
- Citgo Stories (2016)
- Forever Kaine (2017, Mixtape)
- Underdog (2018)
- Underdog 2 (2020)
- Thank You Kaine (2020)
- Candy Kaine (2020)
- Hoes + Money Makes Me Happy (2020)
- Bad Kid From The 4 (2020)
- It Was A Bad Year (2020)
- Hardhead (2021)
- After The Storm (Deluxe Version) (2021)
- After the Storm (2021)
- A Dogg’s Influence (2022, Mixtape)
- Kaine’s Diary (2022)
- Faith Like Esther (2022, Mixtape)
- Family Guy (2022)
- Underdog 3 (2022)
For now, there is no record of the Savannah, Georgia Native winning any award, hence, his award catalogue still seems to be empty.